1. Information on this website
This website contains information:
- created by or for NPS (‘NPS information’) — All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and up-to-date. To the extent permitted by law, NPS makes no warranties or representations as to accuracy or completeness of information contained on this site.
- made available to NPS by third parties for use on this website ('Third Party Information') — NPS has not verified the accuracy or currency of Third Party Information.
The information available from this website is for information purposes only.
2. Medical emergency
If you think you have a medical emergency, contact an ambulance or a healthcare professional immediately.
3. Consumer medicine information leaflets
This website contains consumer medicine information (CMI) leaflets provided and controlled by MIMS Australia. NPS has not verified the content of these leaflets and does not guarantee they are accurate, up-to-date or complete.
4a. For consumers
The information on this site is not medical advice. Do not use the information on this website to treat or diagnose your own or another person's medical condition and never ignore medical advice or delay seeking it because of something on this website. Any medical questions should be referred to a qualified healthcare professional. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
We critically assess a wide range of authoritative evidence to create our information, which was accurate and up–to-date when it was published. The evidence or context for that information may have changed since publication.
4b. For healthcare professionals
Any treatment decisions based on this information should be made in the context of the clinical circumstances of each patient. You must rely on your own professional skill, care and inquiries in the context of the clinical circumstances for each patient.
Our information is derived from a critical analysis of a wide range of authoritative evidence and was accurate and up-to-date when it was published.
The evidence or context for that information may have changed since publication.
5. No funding from advertising
The NPS website does not host or receive funding from advertising or from the display of commercial content.
6. Links to other sites not endorsed
NPS does not endorse or guarantee any third party content that may be linked to this website.
7. Other products or services not endorsed
NPS does not endorse or recommend any products (including medicines), tests, treatments or procedures mentioned on this website and to the fullest extent permitted by law, will not be liable for any claim relating to them.
8. Disclaimer and limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, NPS and its directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively 'NPS personnel') make no representations or warranties about this website or information available from it, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to:
- implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose
- the accuracy, reliability, completeness or currency of this website and information available from it, and
- the satisfactory compliance with government regulations in relation to therapeutic goods (including medicines) discussed on this website.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither NPS nor any NPS personnel is liable for any liability, loss, claim, damage, expense, injury or personal injury (including death), whether direct or indirect (including consequential loss and loss of profits) and however incurred (including in tort), caused or contributed to by:
- any person’s use or misuse of the information available from this website or contained on any third party website that you accessed through a link contained on this website
- this website not being available at any particular time
- any computer problem (including any problem caused by a virus transmission) experienced as a result of using this website or any of its links.
NPS’s total liability to you for a breach of any ‘Non-excludable Condition’* (other than one implied by section 69 of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth), is limited, at NPS’s option, to any one of:
- supplying, replacing or repairing, or paying the cost of supplying, replacing or repairing any goods supplied to you, or
- supplying again, or paying the cost of supplying again, the services supplied to you in respect of which the breach occurred.
9. Intellectual property
This website and any part of this website are protected by intellectual property laws (including copyright). You must not copy, republish, sell or redistribute or otherwise exploit the contents of this website without the prior written consent of NPS unless otherwise specified on this website. More about Copyright.