Antibiotic Awareness Week 2016
Handle antibiotics with care
Antibiotic Awareness Week is an annual, global event to raise awareness about the serious health issue of antibiotic resistance. The week encourages people around the world to use antibiotics responsibly. This year, Antibiotic Awareness Week will be held from 14 - 20 November 2016.
During the global campaign, our aim is to create behavioural changes that drive down inappropriate antibiotic prescribing in Australia by health professionals and misuse of antibiotics by the public. The campaign reminds everyone that:
- Misusing antibiotics can cause harm
- You could be passing on antibiotic resistant bacteria
- Antibiotics are a precious resource that should be handled with care
Take part in Antibiotic Awareness Week 2016 and help preserve the miracle of antibiotics.
Download our campaign toolkit
Download the Antibiotic Awareness Week campaign toolkit to find out everything you need to know about the week and access useful materials and resources.
Share our resources on social media
Download our graphics designed especially for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to help raise awareness of this public health threat. You can also use our Antibiotic Awareness Week logo and EDM banner to help share the message.
Get an event kit
Display this event kit in your office to help raise awareness of this serious health issue. Each event kit contains:
- Misusing antibiotics can cause harm, A3 poster (v1)
- Misusing antibiotics can cause harm, A3 poster (v2)
- You could be passing on antibiotic resistant bacteria, A3 poster
- Handle antibiotics with care, A3 poster
- You could be passing on antibiotic resistant bacteria, flyer x25
- Flyer stand
- Balloons, x6
- Pens, x7
- Hand sanitizer, x5
- Conversation starters, A4 x2
Order our posters in print
Please note, if you order an event kit this includes one of each poster.
Host your own event
Take a break from the regular grind at work and host your own Antibiotic Awareness Week event during 14-20 November. Ideas include:
- Choose a day to wear purple, our hero colour
- Order an event kit to decorate your office, and enter a photo into our Twitter competition for the chance to win a morning tea for your office
- Plan a morning tea to inspire conversations about the appropriate use of antibiotics
- Start a conversation on social media (hashtag #AntibioticResistance and tag @NPSMedicineWise on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn)
- Take part in the Global Twitter Chat on 18 November
- Get creative! Choose an activity that you and your colleagues can do together that helps raise awareness about the misuse and overuse of antibiotics in Australia and the world
Take the pledge
This page is evolving as we approach Antibiotic Awareness Week. Please check back for more information or email email@example.com to find out more.