About the global Antibiotic Awareness Week
NPS MedicineWise is working with organisations around the world to encourage the responsible use of antibiotics across the health sector, agriculture, industry, and communities.
In Australia, Antibiotic Awareness Week 2016 is being coordinated by NPS MedicineWise and the Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care in conjunction with the Australian Government Department of Health and Department of Agriculture, the Australian Veterinary Association, and state and territory health departments. Antibiotic Awareness Week is also supported in Australia by a number of professional societies and groups.
Globally, Antibiotic Awareness Week is coordinated and supported by the
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC),
- World Health Organization,
- WHO Western Pacific Region (WPRO),
- Health Quality and Safety Commission (New Zealand),
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Canada),
- Centers for Disease Control (USA) and
- the Infectious Disease Surveillance Center (Japan).