Antibiotic Awareness Week 2016
Handle antibiotics with care
Antibiotic Awareness Week is an annual, global event to raise awareness about the serious health issue of antibiotic resistance. The week encourages people around the world to use antibiotics responsibly. This year, Antibiotic Awareness Week was held from 14 - 20 November 2016.
During the global campaign, our aim is to create behavioural changes that drive down inappropriate antibiotic prescribing in Australia by health professionals and misuse of antibiotics by the public. The campaign reminds everyone that:
- Misusing antibiotics can cause harm
- You could be passing on antibiotic resistant bacteria
- Antibiotics are a precious resource that should be handled with care
Download our campaign toolkit
Download the Antibiotic Awareness Week campaign toolkit to find out everything you need to know about the week and access useful materials and resources.
Share our resources on social media
Download our graphics designed especially for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to help raise awareness of this public health threat. You can also use our Antibiotic Awareness Week logo and EDM banner to help share the message.
Host your own event
Our event toolkits are currently out of stock. Thank you for ordering our kits and participating in Antibiotic Awareness Week.
Take a break from the regular grind at work and host your own Antibiotic Awareness Week event during 14-20 November. Ideas include:
- Choose a day to wear purple, our hero colour
- Use our materials and resources (such as our posters) to decorate the room and help share the message:
- Plan a morning tea to inspire conversations about the appropriate use of antibiotics
- Start a conversation on social media (hashtag #AntibioticResistance and tag @NPSMedicineWise on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn)
- Take part in the Global Twitter Chat on 18 November
- Get creative! Choose an activity that you and your colleagues can do together that helps raise awareness about the misuse and overuse of antibiotics in Australia and the world
Take the pledge
This page is evolving as we approach Antibiotic Awareness Week. Please check back for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.