Be Medicinewise Week
Be Medicinewise Week is an annual, national awareness week that promotes the safer and wiser use of medicines. This year, Be Medicinewise Week will be held 22 - 28 August 2016.
This year, we will be encouraging Australians to take charge of their health by being medicinewise, and raising awareness on the importance of having conversations about medicines. The campaign is encouraging people to:
- Ask the right questions
- Ask the right people
- Follow the right advice
Take part of Be Medicinewise Week 2016 and help encourage medicinewise behaviour. Download our campaign poster and share these with your networks.
Host your own workplace wellness event
Take a break from the regular grind at work and host your own Be Medicinewise Week event during 22 - 28 August. Ideas include:
- Collect unwanted medicines and return to your local pharmacy
- Choose a day to wear purple, our hero colour
- Plan a morning tea to inspire medicinewise conversation
- Start a conversation on social media (hashtag #BeMedicinewise and tag @NPSMedicineWise on Twitter and Facebook)
- Get creative! Choose an activity that your coworkers can perform together that helps build knowledge and understanding of the importance of building a medicinewise Australia.
Please keep checking back for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.