Our medical tests initiative
Medicines use and medical tests are closely linked in many areas of clinical practice, so wherever relevant we develop synergistic learning programs that support quality use of medicines and medical tests.
We aim to achieve:
- better use of medical tests
- reductions in the growth rate of over-ordered tests
- better use of medical tests for consumers in need
- growth rates in under-ordered tests
- improved health professional knowledge about medical tests
- improved community awareness about medical testing.
Our program work involving quality use of medical tests is a natural extension of our existing work that supports quality use of medicines.
Any enquiries about this initiative should be directed to Robyn Lindner, Program Implementation Manager or phone 02 8217 8771.
Medicare Benefits Schedule data feedback
For selected topics, NPS MedicineWise will provide individualised Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) data feedback to be used as a tool for personal reflection on imaging and pathology referral patterns. MBS data are not accessible by any other organisation or individual and are not used for regulatory purposes.