Annual Cycle of Care for type 2 diabetes
Diabetes is a chronic and complex disorder requiring a systematic approach to care.
- Completing the Annual Cycle of Care, recommended by Diabetes Australia/RACGP guidelines, can help achieve better outcomes for people with diabetes.1
- Consider recommended treatments targets and regularly assess markers of disease to prevent complications and other adverse outcomes associated with diabetes.2,3
- [still to come] point about adherence
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and Diabetes Australia. General practice management of type 2 diabetes – 2014–15. 2014. [Online] (accessed 31 May 2016).
- National Vascular Disease Prevention Alliance. Absolute cardiovascular disease risk management. Quick reference guide for health professionals. 2012. [Online](accessed 31 May 2016).
- Heart Foundation. Reducing risk in heart disease. 2012. [Online] (accessed 31 May 2016).