Chronic pain communication tool
What is this?
The Chronic pain communication tool is a free tool that helps you talk about your chronic pain with your doctor, specialist, psychologist, friend, family member or partner.
What you get
- A better picture of your chronic pain
- A printout or PDF with all the things you'd like to talk about
- Access to chronic pain information, resources and tools relevant to you.
Before you get started you may find it helpful to browse the list of useful links and resources for chronic pain.
How it works in 5 easy steps
- Identify who you want to talk to.
- Choose what you would like to talk about from the statements provided, or write your own.
- Create a personal summary of the things you'd like to talk about. Pick out the most important things you want to say, and add extra notes if you wish.
- Print or save your summary as a PDF so you can confidently start a conversation about your chronic pain, or keep it for your own reference.
- Find out more about chronic pain by accessing links to other information and resources.