Medicines and treatment for tension-type headache
Keeping a headache diary can help identify triggers for tension-type headaches. Avoiding triggers probably won’t eliminate your headaches completely but may reduce their frequency.
Read about the medicine treatment options for tension-type headache. These include treatments for:
- infrequent tension-type headaches
- frequent and troublesome tension-type headaches
- tension-type headache in children.
You can also read about:
- British Association for the Study of Headache. Guidelines for all health professionals in the diagnosis and management of migraine, tension-type-type headache, cluster headache and medication overuse headache. Hull: BASH, 2010. www.bash.org.uk (accessed 13 December 2011)
- Bendtsen L, Evers S, Linde M, et al. EFNS guideline on the treatment of tension-type headache - report of an EFNS task force. European Journal of Neurology 2010;17:1318-25. www.efns.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CME_articles/CME_article_2010_November.pdf