CVD risk - assessment and lipid-modifying therapy
Clinical e-Audit for GPsStart now
- RACGP 40 (Category 1) QI&CPD points (QI activity)
- ACRRM 30 PRPD points
Clinical e-Audit enables you to review your current practice, consider implementing changes to practice and reflect on areas for ongoing improvement. Individualised feedback allows you to compare your practice with best practice clinical indicators and your peers. Clinical e-Audits are intended to be relevant in all general practice settings.
This online activity is designed to operate in all common web browsers.
Reflect on your management of 10 adults
- who are aged 45 years and above, or if Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander are aged 35 years and above
- who have one or more risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- who are or are not using a lipid-modifying drug.
Participation in this activity will assist GPs to:
- implement a systematic approach to identify patients for assessment of absolute cardiovascular disease risk
- recognise the benefits of discussing absolute cardiovascular risk and using a risk tool when providing advice on relevant lifestyle modification
- initiate lipid-modifying drugs for patients with high absolute cardiovascular risk
- clarify the role of ezetimibe in reducing cardiovascular risk
- assess adherence to lipid-modifying drugs and lifestyle changes during regular consultations with patients.
- Quality assurance in this practice and your privacy (poster)
- Your health records and NPS MedicineWise clinical e-audits (patient leaflet)
Frequently asked questions
CPD Points and Practice Incentives
This activity has been accredited for 40 (Category 1) points (QI activity) in the RACGP QI&CPD Program for the 2014–2016 triennium (activity ID number 1480).
This activity has been accredited for 30 PRPD points in the ACRRM PDP Program for the 2014–2016 triennium (code O1408NPMW).
This activity is recognised for the Practice Incentives Program Quality Prescribing Incentive (PIP QPI).