Depression: Achieving remission, preventing relapse
Clinical e-Audit for GPsStart now
- Accredited for RACGP mental health CPD
- RACGP 40 (Category 1) QI&CPD points (QI activity)
- ACRRM 30 PRPD points
Management of depression is complex and decisions around treatment type (eg, supportive approaches, psychological treatments and/or antidepressants) and duration are guided by patient factors, including age and the severity of depression. However, evidence suggests an overreliance on antidepressants.
- Complete the Clinical e-Audit for only 10 patients and generate personalised management plans to help you guide their management.
- Review how your practice measures up to Australian guideline recommendations.
- Learn about emerging evidence for supportive approaches, such as online CBT and physical exercise, to help your patients with depression.
This Clinical e-Audit will help you to achieve remission and prevent relapse in your patients with depression by guiding you to:
- Identify patients who may benefit from additional or alternative treatments.
- Access tools and information on what works in treatment of depression.
- Consider recommending a combination of non-pharmacological approaches as part of a broader management plan.
- Review response to treatment by routinely assessing mood, thoughts and function and modifying treatment/management accordingly.
- Implement a systematic approach to starting, reviewing and modifying treatment of patients with depression.
- Develop a management plan with the patient (and/or his or her carer) and discuss expectations of management.
- Use strategies to promote adherence to an agreed management plan.
- Select an antidepressant, when indicated, based on the medicine profile and patient factors.
- Ensure adequate trialling and duration of treatment in patients with depression for whom antidepressants may be beneficial.
- Have access to evidence-based information to update your knowledge.
- Receive practical advice to provide to your patients.
- Generate a management plan for each patient.
- Receive immediate feedback and be able to compare your results with those of your peers.
Frequently asked questions
- Quality assurance in this practice and your privacy (poster)
- Your health records and NPS MedicineWise clinical e-audits (patient leaflet)
Frequently asked questions
CPD Points and Practice Incentives
- This activity has been accredited by the RACGP for 40 (Category 1) points (QI activity) for the 2014–2016 triennium (activity ID number 30242).
- Accredited for RACGP mental health CPD.
- This activity has been accredited by ACRRM for 30 PRPD points for the 2014–2016 triennium (code 4954).
- This activity is recognised for the Practice Incentives Program Quality Prescribing Incentive (PIP QPI).