Educational resources for hospitals
The educational resources provided in the toolkit were developed for the NPS DMACS project (2008–09) based on the best available evidence and recommendations from the National Heart Foundation of Australia and the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand, in consultation with the national reference group for the DMACS project (2008–09) and can be used with the DMACS e-DUE audit tool to optimise discharge management of patients with ACS.
Resources from the National Heart Foundation
The National Heart Foundation (NHF) provides resources, free of charge, to educate patients with coronary heart disease (CHD) and their families about heart attack warning signs, what to do, and why it is important to act quickly. These resources include:
- Patient fact sheet (can be used during discharge counselling) — NHF order code CON-075
- Patient action plan (fridge magnet) — NHF order code CON-076
- Patient action plan (wallet card) — NHF order code CON-079.v2
- Warning Signs Patient DVD — NHF order code CON-109-DVD
- Warning Signs Poster — NHF order code POS-025.v2.
Order by phoning the Heart Foundation’s Health Information Service on 1300 36 27 87 (local call cost) or email email@example.com
To learn more about the Warning Signs of Heart Attack program and the professional resources available to support you in your warning signs education activities visit the 'Warning signs - Professional information' pages of the National Heart Foundation website.