Our interactive case studies present clinical scenarios with questions to help you reflect on your medical decision-making skills and improve patient care. Our online case studies provide:
- an engaging and flexible learning experience
- choice of access on computer or tablet, with seamless switching between devices
- immediate feedback from experts and peer comparisons to challenge your thinking
- best practice points to apply to your care of patients.
These online learning activities are for GPs, pharmacists, nurses and other health professionals.
Already registered for a case study?
Log in to the NPS Online Learning portal.
Who can do a case study?
All of our case studies are free.
- Accredited by RACGP for 2 (category 2) points for GPs
- Accredited by ACRRM for 1 core point for GPs
- Accredited for 1 hour of Group 2 CPD (or 2 CPD credits) for pharmacists
- Endorsed for 1 CPD hour for nurses
Recognised for the Practice Incentives Program Quality Prescribing Incentive.
This free continuing professional development (CPD) activity for pharmacists, GPs, and nurses is a case study on optimising asthma control in children... more
This case study features a 55-year-old man who is worried about his risk of heart attack. Earn free CPD points by completing this online activity abo... more
This Interactive Case Study challenges you to use a biopsychosocial approach to manage a patient with chronic pain. Free CPD activity for GP’s, pharma... more
This free continuing professional development (CPD) activity for pharmacists, GPs, and nurses is a case study on diagnosing causes of fatigue.... more
This free CPD case study for GPs, pharmacists and nurses explores common secondary causes of osteoporosis and how to prevent fractures.... more
This case study features an active 68-year-old retiree who was recently discharged from hospital on a new medicine, omeprazole. How long will you plan... more
This free continuing professional development (CPD) activity for pharmacists, GPs and nurses is a case study on antibiotics for urinary tract infectio... more
More CPD activities
By activity type
NPS MedicineWise promotes quality use of medicines by prescribers through the Prescribing Competencies Framework.