Our Clinical e-Audits are free quality improvement activities that help general practitioners (GPs) review their current prescribing practice for patients with certain conditions, compared with current best practice guidelines. Clinical audits are completed online and involve completing electronic data collection for 10–20 patients (depending on the audit topic).
More about how they work.
Who can do a Clinical e-Audit?
- GP registrars
Participate in all of our Clinical e-Audits for free.
- Accredited by RACGP QI&CPD Program for 40 (Category 1) points (QI activity)
- Accredited by ACRRM PD Program for 30 PRPD Points
Recognised for Practice Incentives Program Quality Prescribing Incentive.
Current Clinical e-Audits
This free continuing professional development (CPD) activity for GPs is a clinical e-audit on asthma management.... more
Reflect on your management of patients using blood pressure lowering medicines and review how your practice measures up to the recommendations of Aust... more
Be guided through using a multimodal approach when supporting your patients to manage their chronic non-cancer pain. Review a systematic approach for ... more
This free continuing professional development (CPD) activity for GPs is a clinical e-audit on absolute cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk assessment an... more
Reflect on your management of 10 patients with depression and find out more about supportive approaches, psychological treatments and antidepressants.... more
Reflect on your management of 10 patients with acute bacterial rhinosinusitis, acute sore throat/pharyngitis/tonsillitis, acute otitis media, common c... more
This free continuing professional development (CPD) activity for GPs is a clinical e-audit on reviewing medicines for older people.... more
This Clinical e-Audit is designed for GPs and helps identify which patients on long-term proton pump inhibitor (PPI) therapy could benefit from a step... more
What's involved in a Clinical e-Audit?
Our Clinical e-Audits are free electronic versions of our quality improvement activities for GPs, using the audit-feedback-review cycle.
View the available Clinical e-Audits and enrol online to participate.
The Clinical e-Audit involves participating GPs:
- completing electronic data collection for 10 patients
- securely submitting de-identified data online
- receiving immediate patient-specific feedback to assist implementation of changes to practice
- reviewing individual and peer feedback results based on best practice clinical indicators
- recording progress of individual patients automatically identified for review
- reflecting on improvements in practice
- display this poster and make these information leaflets available to inform patients that your practice participates in quality improvement activities.
You can also view our list of frequently asked questions.
More CPD activities
By activity type
NPS MedicineWise promotes quality use of medicines by prescribers through the Prescribing Competencies Framework.