Stay informed and up to date with the latest evidence about medicines and medical tests through our visiting program. Free of charge, our educational visits are important evidence-based activities that assist general practitioners improve quality use of medicines (QUM) and quality use of medical tests (QUMT).
A 30-minute discussion with an NPS MedicineWise clinical services specialist is required to stay informed with the latest, unbiased evidence, with resources left for review in your own time and future reference. Or you may prefer a one hour small group case-based meeting with up to 10 health professionals.
Who can have an educational visit?
One-on-one educational visits
Small group case-based meetings
All our educational visits are free.
- Accredited by RACGP for 2 category 2 points
- Accredited by ACCRM for 1 core point
General practitioners (GPs) can keep up to date with the latest imaging recommendations for common acute ankle and knee injuries seen in general pract... more
Depression management can be challenging. General practitioners (GPs) can request a free educational visit and earn CPD points here.... more
Book a visit
To book a visit click the activity link above, call our Customer Service Centre on (02) 8217 8700 (select option 2) and ask to speak to a program engagement coordinator.
About our visits
- Provide an opportunity to discuss the implications of the latest, independent evidence about the comparative efficacy of different therapeutic approaches and choices available to GPs and clinicians in the program topic.
- Expansive clinical evidence synthesised into a 30-minute visit at a time convenient to you, in your practice at no cost.
- Contribute to continuing professional development (CPD), an NPS MedicineWise Educational Visit is a Quality Prescribing Incentive (QPI) activity with the Practice Incentives Program (PIP) and eligible for RACGP QI&CPD and/or ACRRM professional development program credits.
Our clinical services specialists
Visits are delivered by our clinical services specialists, who are specifically trained in health professional learning, focusing on one-on-one communication. Clinical services specialists receive specialised training in each clinical therapeutic topic including, the latest supporting evidence.
One-on-one visits provide GPs with an opportunity to engage with a trained clinical services specialist to discuss information and evidence relating to a particular therapeutic topic. The information and discussion is tailored to meet individual general practitioner needs. Each 30-minute visit is free of charge and is delivered at a time and location suitable to you.
Small-group case-based meetings
Small-group case-based discussions for groups of up to 10 are also available in some areas for GPs, practice nurses and other health professionals. Hosted by our skilled clinical services specialists, each group discussion is approximately 1 hour in duration and provides attendees with the opportunity to discuss the latest evidence on the program topic with their peers.
More CPD activities
By activity type
NPS MedicineWise promotes quality use of medicines by prescribers through the Prescribing Competencies Framework.