Our online learning courses for health professionals and health professional students, promote and support quality use of medicines. Read more about our courses.
Already registered for an online course?
Log in to the NPS Online Learning Portal.
Who can do online courses?
These courses are suitable for all health professionals and students.
All of our online courses are free.
Many of our courses are accredited for continuing professional development. Please see course details for more information.
Current online courses
Treat a hospitalised patient for a catheter-associated urinary tract infection.... more
Learn about the principles of QUM and the roles different health professionals play in promoting QUM.... more
This course sets QUM in context, provides an overview of QUM principles and their application, and explores the roles and responsibilities of various ... more
About online courses
Our online courses:
- provide practical opportunities to improve prescribing for medicines and medical tests
- meet the demands of health professional knowledge and practice
- offer rigorous interrogation of the latest evidence in knowledge and workplace practice
- add value to every stage of your degree and career
- offer well renowned researched expertise and quality
- offer continuous professional development points.
Online learning courses
All courses (except National Prescribing Curriculum and Antimicrobials modules) are available through self registration on our learning website learn.nps.org.au. An active email address is required for account activation. Once registered you can access the courses using your username and password on any computer with internet access.
These courses are located on a different website and require special registration depending on whether you are a student or a practicing health professional. Please follow the relevant instructions below:
You will need to obtain a course key from your lecturer. They will provide the instructions on how to create your account. Please do not join any of the other choices below as it will not count on your course mark.
- go to the ‘Sign up here’ link
- fill in your details
- choose institution: Antimicrobial modules ACSQHC
- select the course: Antimicrobial modules ACSQHC
- the course key for these modules is am2012.
Contact us for help or more information
Contact the Health Professional Learning team: email us an enquiry or phone 02 8217 8642.
More CPD activities
By activity type
- Case studies
- Online courses
- Clinical e-Audit
- Educational visits
- Pharmacy Practice Review
- Other activities
NPS MedicineWise promotes quality use of medicines by prescribers through the Prescribing Competencies Framework.