How to import patient information leaflets into Best Practice
The 'patient education material' feature in Best Practice includes a range of pre-existing leaflets. It also allows the user to import new patient education documents.
Our patient information leaflets are available in a number of ways:
- pre-existing within Best Practice
- imported from the online list.
|We recommend that only current patient information leaflets be given to patients; current patient information leaflets are listed here. Titles have recently been changed to make them more user-friendly, so the same patient information leaflet may now appear under a different title. To avoid confusion, you may wish to delete older versions before importing new ones. To delete, highlight the less current file, select the 'delete' icon, then select 'yes'.
Import a new patient information leaflet into Best Practice
Step 1: Temporarily save the required file (e.g. from the web to your desktop)
- Select the required file; this will take you to the download page. Under 'Download PDF now', right click to bring up the menu, then click on 'Save Target As' option.
- Select the location where you intend to temporarily save the file.
- Save the file.
Step 2: Import the saved file into Best Practice
- Close all patient records.
- From the 'View' menu, choose 'Patient Education material' option.
- Click on the 'File' menu, then 'Import' option.
- In the 'Import patient education leaflet' window, complete the fields as follows:
- Click on the 'Search' button to navigate to the location where the patient information leaflets was temporarily saved (i.e. desktop, local or network drive). You may have to change the file type (bottom of the 'Select leaflet file' window) – patient information leaflets are usually in PDF format.
- Double click on the file to bring it into the 'Import patient education leaflet' window.
- Click 'New Category' and name it, or choose an existing category (imported documents can only be saved in the 'Custom' folder, in a sub-folder that you create), then click 'Save'.
- Enter the leaflet name (only if you wish to change the name of the leaflet).
- Click 'Save' and close the window.
Step 3: Remove the saved file from its temporary location
- Navigate to the location where the patient education leaflet was temporarily saved.
- Right click and select the 'Delete' option.