General practice networks and divisions
We work with 117 of the 118 networks and divisions of general practice around Australia. The goal of these partnerships is to optimise uptake of Quality Use of Medicines (QUM) Programs for health professionals through local implementation.
Our local program activities include:
- educational visiting (academic detailing) and small-group case-based discussion for GPs on therapeutic topics that are linked to national activities and resources
- interactive workshops and seminars to promote development of critical appraisal skills relevant to prescribing of medicines for GPs
- communication on QUM issues for GPs
- inclusion of pharmacists and other community health professionals in program delivery
- supporting community workshops on medicines and peer education programs about medicines for seniors
- raising QUM issues in local media.
Working with Australian general practice networks
We partner with the Australian General Practice Network and the following State-based network and divisions of general practice organisations:
- Alliance of NSW Divisions
- General Practice Divisions Victoria
- General Practice Queensland
- SA Divisions of General Practice Inc
- Western Australian General Practice Network
- General Practice and Primary Health Care, Northern Territory.