Imaging and children
Discuss your child's options with your health professional.
While the choice of imaging for a child depends mainly on the type of image needed for a particular clinical situation, there are some extra safety factors to consider for children, including exposure to radiation.
Questions to ask your health professional about imaging for your child
- How will the imaging help my child's condition or injury?
- What does the imaging procedure involve?
- Are there any risks associated with the imaging?
- Are there any other options?
- How much will the imaging cost?