Brain and nervous system
Central nervous system
The Brain and nervous system category of medicines is also known as central nervous system, neurological and psychotropic medicines and neurological drugs.
Consumers: If you have any questions about medicines, you can speak to one of our pharmacists at NPS Medicines Line by calling 1300 633 424. You can ring Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, Australian Eastern Standard Time (excluding NSW public holidays). For non-medicine products, further information may also be available from the manufacturer.
Related information - brain and nervous system
Subcategories of brain and nervous system
- Antidepressant medicines (Antidepressants)
- Antiepileptic medicines (Anticonvulsants)
- Anxiety medicines (Antianxiety agents)
- Medicines for psychotic conditions (Antipsychotic agents)
- Movement disorder medicines (Movement disorders)
- Nausea and vomiting medicines (Antiemetics, antinauseants)
- Other mental health and nervous system medicines (Other central nervous system agents)
- Sedatives and medicines for sleep problems (Sedatives, hypnotics)