Navelbine Concentrate for injection
Navelbine Concentrate for injection is a brand of medicine containing the active ingredient vinorelbine.
Find out more about active ingredients.
Consumer medicine information (CMI) leaflet
Developed by the pharmaceutical company responsible for this medicine in Australia, according to TGA regulations.
NAVELBINE® Injection 10 mg/mL, 40 mg/4 mL, 50 mg/5 mL
Consumer Medicine Information
What is in this leaflet
This leaflet answers some common questions about Navelbine® IV.
It does not contain all the available information.
It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist.
All medicines have benefits and risks. Your doctor has weighed the risks of you being given Navelbine® IV against the benefits this medicine is expected to have for you.
If you have any concerns about being given this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
Tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are having Navelbine® IV. Like other medicines that treat cancer, Navelbine® IV can cause side effects, some of which may be serious. You may need medical treatment if you get some of these side effects.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist to answer any questions you may have.
Tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- unusual tiredness, weakness, sleepiness, drowsiness or lack of energy;
- unusual hair loss or thinning;
- upset stomach;
- aching muscles, muscle tenderness or weakness, not caused by exercise;
- skin rash;
- pain, including pain at the tumour site;
- jaw pain;
- painful swollen joints;
These are the more common side effects of Navelbine® IV.
Tell your doctor or nurse as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- frequent infections such as fever, severe chills, sore throat or mouth ulcers (symptoms of a lack of white blood cells);
- irritation, pain, swelling or colouring of the skin around the needle or along the vein during the infusion;
- numbness + tingling of fingers and toes;
- weakness of legs or feet;
- tiredness, headaches, being short of breath when exercising, dizziness and looking pale (symptoms of a decreased number of red blood cells);
- bleeding or bruising more easily than normal or nosebleeds (symptoms of a low blood platelet count);
- stomach pain with bloating, gut cramps and vomiting which may be symptoms of the small bowel not working properly;
- severe upper stomach pain;
- sore mouth;
- pain or burning feeling when passing urine;
- changes in your vision;
- weakness, tiredness, loss of appetite, weight loss or stomach pain that may be symptoms of liver disease.
These may be serious side effects. You may need medical attention.
If any of the following happen, tell your doctor or nurse immediately, or go to Accident and Emergency at your nearest hospital:
- difficulty breathing, short of breath;
- breathlessness, which may be very severe and usually worse on lying down;
- pain in bladder or back, blood in urine;
- chest pain;
- palpitations, fast or irregular heart beat
- rash, itching or hives on the skin
- swelling of the feet and ankles, face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body.
These are very serious side effects. You may need urgent medical attention or hospitalisation.
Other side effects not listed above may occur in some patients. Tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist if you notice anything else that is making you feel unwell.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the side effects listed in this section, even after you have finished your Navelbine® IV treatment. The benefits and side effects of Navelbine® IV may take some time to occur.
Do not be alarmed by this list of possible side effects. You may not experience any of them.
What it looks like
Navelbine® IV is a clear, colourless to pale yellow solution. It comes in a clear glass vial with a rubber stopper and royal blue cap. Each vial is packed in a carton.
- vinorelbine tartrate
- water for injection
Navelbine® IV does not contain lactose, sucrose, gluten, tartrazine or any other azodyes.
Navelbine® IV is supplied by:
Pierre Fabre Medicament Australia Pty Ltd
1 Richardson Place
North Ryde NSW 2113
Australian Registration Number:
This leaflet was prepared in October, 2013.
CMI provided by MIMS Australia, August 2015