Navelbine Oral Capsules
Navelbine Oral Capsules is a brand of medicine containing the active ingredient vinorelbine.
Find out more about active ingredients.
Consumer medicine information (CMI) leaflet
Developed by the pharmaceutical company responsible for this medicine in Australia, according to TGA regulations.
NAVELBINE® ORAL 20, 30, 40, 80 mg Soft Capsules
Consumer Medicine Information
What is in this leaflet
This leaflet answers some common questions about Navelbine® Oral.
It does not contain all the available information.
It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist.
All medicines have benefits and risks. Your doctor has weighed the risks of you taking Navelbine® Oral against the benefits this medicine is expected to have for you.
If you have any concerns about taking this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep this leaflet with the medicine. You may need to read it again.
Tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are taking Navelbine® Oral. Like other medicines that treat cancer, Navelbine® Oral can cause side effects, some of which may be serious. You may need medical treatment if you get some of these side effects.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist to answer any questions you may have.
Tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- loss of appetite;
- unusual tiredness, weakness, sleepiness, drowsiness or lack of energy;
- unusual hair loss or thinning;
- weight loss;
- upset stomach;
- aching muscles, muscle tenderness or weakness, not caused by exercise;
- skin reactions;
- change in or loss of taste;
- pain, including pain at the tumour site;
- weight gain;
- jaw pain;
- painful swollen joints;
- trouble sleeping;
- weight gain;
These are the more common side effects of Navelbine® Oral.
Tell your doctor or nurse as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- frequent infections such as fever, severe chills, sore throat or mouth ulcers (symptoms of a lack of white blood cells);
- tiredness, headaches, being short of breath when exercising, dizziness and looking pale (symptoms of a decreased number of red blood cells);
- bleeding or bruising more easily than normal (symptoms of a low blood platelet count);
- stomach pain;
- viral, bacterial or fungal infections;
- sore mouth;
- mouth ulcers and cold sores;
- high blood pressure;
- low blood pressure;
- difficulty swallowing;
- pain when passing urine;
- changes in your vision.
These may be serious side effects. You may need medical attention.
If any of the following happen, tell your doctor immediately or go to Accident and Emergency at your nearest hospital:
- difficulty breathing, short of breath;
- chest pain;
- palpitations, fast or irregular heart beat
- rash, itching or hives on the skin
- swelling of the feet and ankles, face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body.
These are very serious side effects. You may need urgent medical attention or hospitalisation.
Other side effects not listed above may occur in some patients. Tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist if you notice anything else that is making you feel unwell.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the side effects listed in this section, even after you have finished your Navelbine® Oral treatment. The benefits and side effects of Navelbine® Oral may take some time to occur.
Do not be alarmed by this list of possible side effects. You may not experience any of them.
What it looks like
Navelbine® Oral soft capsules are available in four strengths: 20 mg, 30 mg, 40 mg* and 80 mg*.
- Navelbine® Oral 20 mg soft capsules are light brown and printed N20.
- Navelbine® Oral 30 mg soft capsules are pink and printed N30.
- Navelbine® Oral 40 mg soft capsules are brown and printed N40.
- Navelbine® Oral 80 mg soft capsules are pale yellow and printed N80.
Navelbine® Oral comes in blister packs of 1 tablet.
- vinorelbine tartrate
- macrogol 400
- medium-chain triglycerides
- phosphatidyl choline
- propylene glycol
- edible printing ink E20
- titanium dioxide
- iron oxide yellow
- iron oxide red.
Navelbine® Oral is supplied by:
Pierre Fabre Medicament Australia Pty Ltd
1 Richardson Place
North Ryde NSW 2113
Australian Registration Number:
20 mg: AUST R 99498
30 mg: AUST R 99558
40 mg: AUST R 99561
80 mg: AUST R 99564
This leaflet was prepared in December 2011.
CMI provided by MIMS Australia, August 2015