Luxyal Monodose Eye drops
Luxyal Monodose Eye drops is a brand of medicine containing the active ingredient sodium hyaluronate (artificial tears).
Find out more about active ingredients.
Consumer medicine information (CMI) leaflet
Developed by the pharmaceutical company responsible for this medicine in Australia, according to TGA regulations.
Lubricating Opthalmic Solution
With hyaluronic acid and essential electrolytes
20 monodose containers of 0.35 mL
Consumer Medicine Information
What is in this leaflet
This leaflet answers some common questions about Luxyal™ Monodose. It does not contain all the available information. It does not take the place of talking to your health professional.
If you have any concerns about using this product, ask your health professional. Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
What Luxyal™ Monodose is used for
Luxyal™Monodose brings fast, longlasting relief to dry, irritated and tired eyes caused by external factors such as dust, smoke, air conditioning, wind, prolonged computer work or the use of contact lenses.
Luxyal™ Monodose can be used with all types of contact lenses.
It contains sodium hyaluronate to lubricate the eye. Its activity is optimised and prolonged by the synergistic action of Protector™. The presence of electrolytes in the solution help to keep the ocular surface in physiological condition.
Before you use Luxyal™ Monodose
When you must not use It
Do not use it after the expiry date printed on the pack or if the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering. If it has expired or is damaged, return it to your health professional for disposal.
How to use Luxyal™ Monodose
If you do not understand the Instructions on the box or bottle, ask your health professional for help.
How much to use
Put 1 or 2 drops into each eye, or use as directed by your specialist.
- Wash and rinse your hands thoroughly.
- Before using, make sure the one-dose container is intact.
- Remove the container from the strip.
- Rotate the upper part and open without pulling.
- Instil one or two drops into each eye, or according to the specialist's advice.
- Do not expose the product to sunlight.
While you are using Luxval™
Things you must not do
- To prevent possible contamination, do not let the tip of the dropper come into contact with any surface.
- Do not use in case of specific hypersensitivity to any of the constituents.
- Do not swallow the solution.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not instil Luxyal™ Monodose in the eye(s) together with other substances as their effect may be altered.
- Store the bottle at a temperature below 25°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not use the solution after the expiry date.
The product does not contain preservatives. Hence, after the container has been opened, the product should be administered and, even if partially used, the one-dose container disposed of.
Tell your health professional if you notice anything that is making you feel unwell.
After using Luxval™ Monodose
Keep your eye drops in a cool dry place where the temperature stays below 25°C. Do not store Luxyal™ Monodose or any other medicine in the bathroom or near a sink. Do not leave it on a windowsill or in the car. Heat and dampness can destroy some medicines.
Keep it where children cannot reach it. A locked cupboard at least one-and-a half metres above the ground is a good place to store medicines.
If you are told to stop using the product or the expiry date has passed, ask your health professional what to do with any product that is left over.
Luxyal™ Monodose contains:
- Hyaluronic acid sodium salt 0,15 %;
- boric acid
- sodium chloride
- potassium chloride
- calcium chloride dihydrate
- magnesium chloride hexahydrate,
- purified water
Tubilux Pharma SpA
Via Costarica 20/22
00040 Pomezia (RM) Italy
AFT Pharmaceuticals Ltd
PO Box 33-203, Takapuna
AFT Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
9 Water St
Caringbah, NSW, 2229
Licence Tubilux Pharma S.p.A.
™ = Trademark
This leaflet was prepared in June 2005
- Protector™ patent pending
CMI provided by MIMS Australia, December 2014