Hormonal and metabolic system
Endocrine and metabolic disorders
The Hormonal and metabolic system category of medicines is also known as endocrine and metabolic disorders.
Consumers: If you have any questions about medicines, you can speak to one of our pharmacists at NPS Medicines Line by calling 1300 633 424. You can ring Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, Australian Eastern Standard Time (excluding NSW public holidays). For non-medicine products, further information may also be available from the manufacturer.
Related information - hormonal and metabolic system
Subcategories of hormonal and metabolic system
- Anabolic steroid medicines (Anabolic agents)
- Calcium and bone metabolism medicines (Agents affecting calcium and bone metabolism)
- Corticosteroids (oral and injectable) (Adrenal steroid hormones)
- Diabetes medicines (non-insulins) (Hypoglycaemic agents)
- Insulin injections (Insulin preparations)
- Other medicines for the hormonal and metabolic system (Other endocrine and metabolic agents)
- Pituitary hormones and other pituitary gland medicines (Pituitary hormones)
- Red blood cell production medicines (Haemopoietic agents)
- Sex hormones and other reproductive system medicines (Gonadal hormones)
- Thyroid hormones and antithyroid medicines (Thyroid hormones and antithyroid agents)