Metformin hydrochloride is an active ingredient that is used in some medicines.
Metformin hydrochloride is also known as biguanides.
The active ingredient is the chemical in a medicine that makes it work. Medicines can have more than one active ingredient and be available under different brand names. Medicines include both active ingredients and inactive ingredients.
This page about metformin hydrochloride automatically lists related information collected from other pages of our website.
The list below also includes links to brands of medicines that contain metformin hydrochloride, including their consumer medicine information (CMI) leaflets.
Consumers: If you have any questions about medicines, you can speak to one of our pharmacists at NPS Medicines Line by calling 1300 633 424. You can ring Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, Australian Eastern Standard Time (excluding NSW public holidays). For non-medicine products, further information may also be available from the manufacturer.
Related information - metformin hydrochloride
Medicine brands that contain metformin hydrochloride
- APO-Metformin Tablets
- APO-Metformin XR Modified release tablets
- Auro-Metformin Tablets
- Chemmart Metformin Tablets
- Chemmart Metformin XR Modified release tablets
- Diabex Tablets
- Diabex XR Extended release tablets
- Diaformin 1000 Tablets
- Diaformin 500 Tablets
- Diaformin 850 Tablets
- Diaformin XR Extended release tablets
- Formet Tablets
- Formet Aspen Bottle Tablets
- Formet Aspen Tablets
- Glucobete Tablets
- Glucomet Tablets
- Glucophage Tablets
- Metex XR Extended release tablets
- Metformin (Genepharm) Tablets
- Metformin AN Tablets
- Metformin Generic Health Tablets
- Metformin Pfizer Tablets
- Metformin Ranbaxy 1000mg Tablet
- Metformin Ranbaxy Tablets
- Metformin Sandoz 1000 mg Tablets
- Metformin Sandoz 500 mg Tablets
- Metformin Sandoz 850 mg Tablets
- Metformin-GA Tablets
- Pharmacor Metformin 1000 Tablets
- Pharmacor Metformin 500 Tablets
- Pharmacor Metformin 850 Tablets
- Terry White Chemists Metformin Tablets
- Terry White Chemists Metformin XR Modified release tablets