Brands of azithromycin
Active ingredient: azithromycin
Brand names: Zithromax, Zitrocin, Zedd
Azithromycin (the active ingredient in the antibiotic that makes it work) is available as many different brands that have different names, appearances (size, shape or colour), forms (e.g. tablets, capsules or liquids) and packaging.
Note about medicines names
Most medicines have two names: the active ingredient and the brand name. The active ingredient is the chemical in the medicine that makes it work. The brand name is the name given to the medicine by its manufacturer. There may be several brands that contain the same active ingredient. This website uses active ingredient names (e.g. amoxycillin), with brand names in brackets and with a capital letter (e.g. Amoxil). We also discuss medicines in groups or ‘classes’ when their effects or actions are very similar.
Medicine brands that contain azithromycin
All brands of azithromycin work the same way to fight your bacterial infection.
- APO-Azithromycin Tablets
- Azith Powder for infusion
- Azithromycin Alphapharm Powder for infusion
- Azithromycin MaxRx Powder for infusion
- Azithromycin Sandoz Tablets
- Azithromycin-GA Tablets
- Chemmart Azithromycin Tablets
- DBL Azithromycin for Injection Powder for infusion
- Terry White Chemists Azithromycin Tablets
- Zedd Tablets
- Zithromax IV Powder for infusion
- Zithromax Powder for oral suspension
- Zithromax Tablets
- Rossi S, ed. Australian Medicines Handbook [online]. Adelaide: AMH, July 2012.