Nicotine is an active ingredient that is used in some medicines.
The active ingredient is the chemical in a medicine that makes it work. Medicines can have more than one active ingredient and be available under different brand names. Medicines include both active ingredients and inactive ingredients.
This page about nicotine automatically lists related information collected from other pages of our website.
The list below also includes links to brands of medicines that contain nicotine, including their consumer medicine information (CMI) leaflets.
Consumers: If you have any questions about medicines, you can speak to one of our pharmacists at NPS Medicines Line by calling 1300 633 424. You can ring Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, Australian Eastern Standard Time (excluding NSW public holidays). For non-medicine products, further information may also be available from the manufacturer.
Related information - nicotine
Medicine brands that contain nicotine
- Chemists' Own Nicotine Chewing Gum (Fruit)
- Chemists' Own Nicotine Chewing Gum (Mint)
- Chemists' Own Nicotine Patches Transdermal patches
- Herron Nicaway Lozenges
- Nicabate Clear Transdermal Patches
- Nicabate Lozenges
- Nicabate Mini Lozenges
- Nicabate P Transdermal Patches
- Nicabate Pre-Quit Transdermal Patches
- Nicabate Soft Gum Chewing gum
- Nicabate Transdermal Patches
- Nicorette 16hr Invisipatch Transdermal patches
- Nicorette Classic Chewing Gum
- Nicorette Cooldrops Lozenge
- Nicorette Freshfruit Chewing Gum
- Nicorette Freshmint Chewing Gum
- Nicorette Icy Mint Chewing Gum
- Nicorette Inhalator (Inhalation powder)
- Nicorette Inhaler Inhalation powder
- Nicorette Patch
- Nicorette QuickMist Oral spray
- Nicotinell Classic Chewing Gum
- Nicotinell Fruit Chewing Gum
- Nicotinell Mint Chewing Gum
- Nicotinell Patch
- QuitX Chewing Gum (Classic flavour)
- QuitX Chewing Gum (Mint flavour)
- QuitX Coated Chewing Gum Classic Flavour
- QuitX Coated Chewing Gum Freshmint Flavour
- QuitX Patches Transdermal patch