Lidocaine (lignocaine) is an active ingredient that is used in some medicines.
The active ingredient is the chemical in a medicine that makes it work. Medicines can have more than one active ingredient and be available under different brand names. Medicines include both active ingredients and inactive ingredients.
This page about lidocaine (lignocaine) automatically lists related information collected from other pages of our website.
The list below also includes links to brands of medicines that contain lidocaine (lignocaine), including their consumer medicine information (CMI) leaflets.
Consumers: If you have any questions about medicines, you can speak to one of our pharmacists at NPS Medicines Line by calling 1300 633 424. You can ring Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, Australian Eastern Standard Time (excluding NSW public holidays). For non-medicine products, further information may also be available from the manufacturer.
Related information - lidocaine (lignocaine) (general and local anaesthetics)
Medicine brands that contain lidocaine (lignocaine)
- Lignocaine 2% Gel (Pfizer (Perth))
- Lignocaine Gel (Preserved)
- Lignocaine Gel (Sterile)
- Lignocaine HCl Injection BP Single Dose Ampoules
- Lignocaine-Claris Solution for injection
- LMX4 Cream
- Min-I-Jet Lignocaine Hydrochloride Injection (general and local anaesthetics)
- Xylocaine 10% Pump Spray
- Xylocaine 4% Topical Solution
- Xylocaine Jelly
- Xylocaine Ointment
- Xylocaine Polyamp DuoFit Injection
- Xylocaine Special Adhesive Ointment
- Xylocaine Viscous Solution
- Ziagel Dental gel