People with chronic conditions
A chronic condition is an illness that is permanent or lasts a long time, and can affect your quality of life. NPS MedicineWise has a range of programs and information for people with a chronic condition.
Community Partners program
NPS MedicineWise supports consumer health organisations to incorporate quality use of medicines (QUM) messages into their programs. We also support them to extend their programs to better reach people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, Aboriginal and Torres Islander peoples and people from low socio-economic backgrounds. Arthritis NSW, Arthritis SA, Diabetes Tasmania and the National Heart Foundation have been successful in receiving funding from NPS.
Information and resources
- Learn to manage type 2 diabetes. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor, pharmacist or diabetes educator any questions you may have about diabetes or your medicines.
- Watch the Diabetes, medicines and me series of videos.
- Learn how to manage persistent pain and improve your quality of life.
- View the resource helping you manage pain.
- Download a consumer medicine information (CMI) leaflet for your medicine.
- Read about how to be medicinewise.