What does the Clinical e-Audit involve?
The Clinical e-Audit requires you to complete two phases, the second of which also includes evaluation questions.
First phase (referred to as the Initial phase) requires you to:
- review and record the management of 10 patients
- reflect on individual clinical indicator results and compare with the aggregate results of other GP participants
- implement any changes to practice.
Second phase (referred to as the Review phase) requires you to:
- reflect and record any changes that have been implemented for individual patients
- reflect on individual clinical indicator results and compare with the aggregate results of your peers
- complete the evaluation questions and consider how this activity may have influenced your practice.
Are there any costs for the activity and any related services?
- No. The Clinical e-Audit and other quality improvement activities are provided free of charge to Australian GPs by NPS MedicineWise.
How do I get started?
- Go to the Clinical e-Audit page.
- Select an activity and click on REGISTER AND START HERE.
- Select either ‘Login’ or ‘Create’. If you have not created an NPS MedicineWise registration you will need to register by entering your name, your email address and selecting a password. You only need to register once to access all of our activities and resources from across the website.
- You can start the Clinical e-Audit of your choice immediately.
What is the closing date for the Clinical e-Audit?
- The Clinical e-Audit has no closing date. You can complete the audit at your convenience.
- If you are completing the audit for Practice Incentives Program or for CPD points, you need to complete it before the cut-off date for the PIP QPI cycle (30 April) or the RACGP triennium.
Who develops the Clinical e-Audit?
- Each Clinical e-Audit is developed by NPS MedicineWise. The clinical content for each audit is developed with input from GPs, reviewed by a specialist or a GP with expertise in the relevant area, and the activity is piloted by GPs and refined before launch.
Using the Clinical e-Audit
Do I need to enter all the patient data at once?
- No. You can enter your patient data over any number of sessions.
Do I need to complete data collection for each patient before exiting the Clinical e-Audit?
- No. You can complete data collection over any number of sessions. Save each page as you go so that you won't lose any information you have entered.
Does the Clinical e-Audit automatically save what I enter?
- The information that you enter is saved when you click 'Next' or 'Previous' to navigate to another question page. Clicking the 'Save' icon will save your information, without changing the page.
- The application will time out after 20 minutes of inactivity (ie, not navigating away from the page or clicking 'Save'). You will lose any unsaved information at this point.
Can I change patient information after it is saved?
- Yes. You can change your patient's information at any time before submission.
- Please note: you will not be able to make any changes once patient information has been submitted.
Can I delete a record for a patient after I have begun entering data?
- Yes. You can delete a patient record at any time before submission.
Are my patient records de-identified when submitted to NPS Medicinewise?
- Yes. Information is automatically de-identified when submitted. For more information, see the Privacy and confidentiality section in the e-Audit.
Where will my data be stored?
- Your personal details and patient data are stored by NPS MedicineWise on secure servers. An encrypted copy of the patients that you include in the audit is also stored in a browser cookie on the computer you use to access the Clinical e-Audit.
How secure is the data transmission to and from the NPS MedicineWise servers?
- All communications between your web browser and the NPS MedicineWise web server will use the secure HTTPS transfer protocol. Your web browser will display a padlock icon to confirm that it has validated the NPS MedicineWise website's digital certificate, and all messages between the browser and the NPS MedicineWise server will be encrypted.
Professional development and Practice Incentives Program
How many RACGP QI&CPD points will I get?
- NPS MedicineWise applies for accreditation of Clinical e-Audits by the RACGP QI&CPD Program for 40 (Category 1) points (QI activity). Points are awarded only to participants who complete the Review phase (Review data collection and Evaluation). See the CPD and the Quality Prescribing Incentive page for more information.
How many ACRRM PDP Points will I get?
- NPS MedicineWise applies for accreditation of Clinical e-Audits by the ACRRM PDP Program for 30 PDP Points. Points are awarded only to participants who complete the Review phase.
When are the points allocated to me?
- For the activity to be recognised for professional development points, you need to submit both the Initial phase (Initial data collection) and Review phase (Review data collection and Evaluation).
- NPS MedicineWise submits relevant details of participants who have completed the clinical e-audit to the RACGP and/or ACRRM for point allocation within 1 month.
Is this activity recognised for PIP QPI?
- Yes. The Clinical e-Audit is recognised for the the Practice Incentives Program Quality Prescribing Incentive (PIP QPI). You will need to complete an audit before 30 April in a particular year for the audit to qualify for the previous 12 month PIP QPI cycle (1 May–30 April).
- See our Professional development and Practice Incentives Program page for more information.
Support and help
I have forgotten my password, what do I do?
- If you forget your password, visit the login page and enter your email address to request to reset your password. Please note, as patient names are de-identified, stored and transmitted securely resetting your password may result in unsuccessful retrieval of originally entered patient names. Any data entered associated with the patients will not be affected. Please refer to the Privacy and confidentiality section in the e-audit.
- You will be prompted to reset your password, when you log back in. Alternatively, you may contact NPS MedicineWise at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call NPS MedicineWise (02) 8217 8700 to be issued with a new password. NPS MedicineWise does not record any individual password.
What if I have problems while I'm completing the audit?
- You can get help by clicking on the 'Support' icon. This is on every page of the activity.
What if I have other questions?
- You can contact NPS MedicineWise at email@example.com OR call NPS MedicineWise (02) 8217 8700 during Sydney business hours.
How do I access the Clinical e-Audit?
- The Clinical e-Audit is a web application hosted by NPS MedicineWise. It is accessed via an Internet connection and any compatible web browser. No software will be installed on your local computer, although some information will be stored in a local browser cookie. For more information about the browser cookie see the Privacy and confidentiality section in the e-Audit.
- The software assumes a minimum screen size of 1024 by 768 pixels.
Does the Clinical e-Audit work on Macintosh computers?
- Yes, the Clinical e-Audit will work on any operating system that runs one of the supported web browsers.
Does the Clinical e-Audit work on iPads or iPhones?
- The Clinical e-Audits will run on an iPad, or any similar device with sufficient screen resolution, but are not yet designed for use on smart phones (eg, iPhone, Android).
Is there any possibility of conflicts with other software?
- No. The Clinical e-Audit does not install any software on your local computer and will not interact with any local software except your web browser.
Can I access the Clinical e-Audit from work or home?
- Yes. You can login to the activity from any location that has internet access. But, if you forget your password and reset it at a different computer to your usual one you may encounter some issues with your patient data. For more information, see the Privacy and confidentiality section in the e-Audit.