The Clinical Interventions Advisory Group (CIAG) helps select, design, deliver and review NPS MedicineWise programs, resources and services for health professionals and consumers.
The Group currently consists of 15 members. It includes consumer representatives, health professional representatives, researchers and representatives from stakeholder organisations.
All members must be eligible to work in Australia and be able to commit to the time required for such an advisory group.
It is also desirable for the consumer representative to have:
- knowledge or experience in the quality use of medicines and medical tests
- knowledge of current policies and emerging national QUM trends
- ability to represent the perspectives and needs of a wide variety of consumers
- ability and confidence to challenge the status quo and promote innovative thinking
- ability to work in a committee environment or willingness to learn.
The following persons are ineligible for appointment:
- A person who is or has ever been a health practitioner (registered or practicing in any country)
- A current or former NPS MedicineWise staff member or director
- A person who works for, or has private interests in, a company in the business of developing, selling, providing or marketing medicines, medical devices, or medical tests
- A person registered as a lobbyist on a federal, state or territory lobbyist register, or who works for an entity on such a register.
The CIAG will meet no more than six times per annum [no more than equivalent to four full day meetings annually]. Meetings will be held via videoconference or in person at the NPS MedicineWise Sydney office.
A schedule of meeting dates will be agreed at least six months in advance. Any changes to those meeting dates will require the approval of the Chairs.
Term of appointment
Members are appointed for a term of up to two years subject to organisational needs. A member may be reappointed with the approval of the NPS MedicineWise CEO up to two times.
Members are remunerated according to the standard sitting fee structure.
About NPS MedicineWise
NPS MedicineWise is an independent and not-for-profit organisation. Our mission is to achieve better health outcomes for all Australians by promoting safe and wise use of medicines and medical tests (see www.nps.org.au/aboutus). As the national steward for the quality use of medicines (QUM), we develop and implement a range of programs, resources and services and for consumers and health professionals.
Need more information?
For more information please see the Terms of Reference. You can also email Raelene Simpson: [email protected] or Rawa Osman: [email protected]