Provide care for Max, an adolescent male with depression.
The National Prescribing Curriculum (NPC) is a series of interactive case-based modules that encourage confident and rational prescribing. The modules follow a stepwise approach as outlined in the WHO's Guide to Good Prescribing.
In this module you will provide care for Max, an adolescent male with depression.
- Understand the importance of considering a full history to put into context a presentation of depression.
- Integrate risk assessment, including risk of harm to self or others, into routine care of young people with depression.
- Discuss the range of management options for young people with depression.
- Outline the risks and benefits of antidepressants in young people with depression.
- Develop a systematic approach for monitoring treatment and referring as appropriate.