Pharmacy Practice Review
COPD: demonstrating devices, evaluating medicines
Update your knowledge about the stepwise approach to managing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and review the range of medicines and devices currently used to treat COPD.
An opportunity to reflect on your current support of patients with COPD. Update your knowledge about the stepwise approach to managing COPD, and review the range of medicines and devices currently used to treat COPD. Improve your confidence to evaluate medicines to optimise medicines use in your patients. Adopt best practice methods to teach and assess inhaler technique.
NEW: Express version requires only 5 episodes of care
- Express version: 5 episodes of care (for up to 15 CPD credits) or
- Standard version: 10 episodes of care (for up to 24 CPD credits)
You will be given the option to submit your data once 5 episodes of care are entered, or continue to 10 episodes of care.
On completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- outline the recommended stepwise management of COPD
- evaluate the medicines and devices used for patients with COPD and recognise when referral is needed
- demonstrate and assess correct inhaler technique for currently available inhaler devices and promote adherence
- apply a systematic approach to support patients during step-up or changes in COPD treatment.
You will have access to
- up-to-date clinical guidance which provides evidence-based information to update your knowledge and guide your counselling encounters with patients
- pharmacist tools that inform and support your best practice discussions with patients
- expert commentary from clinical pharmacist Debbie Rigby BPharm, GradDipClinPharm, AdvDipNutrPharm, AdvPracPharm, AACPA, FASCP, FPS, FACP, FAICD, FSHP.