Pharmacy Practice Review
COPD: demonstrating devices, evaluating medicines
Update your knowledge about the stepwise approach to managing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and review the range of medicines and devices currently used to treat COPD.
This activity has been accredited for:
- 5 hours of Group 1 CPD (or 5 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which can be converted to 5 hours of Group 3 CPD or 15 CPD credits upon successful completion of relevant assessment activities and a suitable period of reflection before and after the activity. Accreditation number: CX17008A for completion of and reflection on 5 episodes of care.
- 8 hours of Group 1 CPD (or 8 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which can be converted to 8 hours of Group 3 CPD or 24 CPD credits upon successful completion of relevant assessment activities and a suitable period of reflection before and after the activity. Accreditation number: CX17008B for completion of and reflection on 10 episodes of care.
Pharmacy Practice Reviews assist pharmacists to meet the following competency standards as set out in the National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia 2016:
- Standard 1.1 Uphold professionalism in practice
- Standard 1.4 Maintain and extend professional competence
- Standard 1.5 Apply expertise in professional practice
- Standard 1.6 Contribute to continuous improvement in quality and safety
- Standard 2.1 Collaborate and work in partnership for the delivery of patient-centred, culturally responsive care
- Standard 2.2 Collaborate with professional colleagues
- Standard 2.3 Communicate effectively
- Standard 2.4 Apply interpersonal communication skills to address problems
- Standard 3.1 Develop a patient-centred, culturally responsive approach to medication management
- Standard 3.2 Implement the medication management strategy or plan
- Standard 3.3 Monitor and evaluate medication management
- Standard 3.5 Support Quality Use of Medicines
- Standard 3.6 Promote health and well-being
- Standard 4.7 Participate in organisational management
An opportunity to reflect on your current support of patients with COPD. Update your knowledge about the stepwise approach to managing COPD, and review the range of medicines and devices currently used to treat COPD. Improve your confidence to evaluate medicines to optimise medicines use in your patients. Adopt best practice methods to teach and assess inhaler technique.
NEW: Express version requires only 5 episodes of care
- Express version: 5 episodes of care (for up to 15 CPD credits) or
- Standard version: 10 episodes of care (for up to 24 CPD credits)
You will be given the option to submit your data once 5 episodes of care are entered, or continue to 10 episodes of care.