Provide care for Brian, a patient with a toothache.
The National Prescribing Curriculum (NPC) is a series of interactive case-based modules that encourage confident and rational prescribing. The modules follow a stepwise approach as outlined in the WHO's Guide to Good Prescribing.
In this module you will provide care for Brian, a patient with a toothache.
- Identify therapeutic goals in the treatment of patients presenting with toothache.
- Make the correct diagnosis and identify therapeutic objectives for treating the patient.
- Identify non-pharmacological treatment options that will assist the patient.
- Identify medicines that will assist the patient.
- Write a prescription for your patient and make recommendations for over the counter medicines.