National Prescribing Curriculum
Provide care for Margaret, a patient who presents to you for a repeat prescription for temazepam.
The National Prescribing Curriculum (NPC) is a series of interactive case-based modules that encourage confident and rational prescribing. The modules follow a stepwise approach as outlined in the WHO Guide to Good Prescribing.
In this module you will provide care for Margaret, a patient who presents to you for a repeat prescription for temazepam.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
- identify and address causes and exacerbating factors for insomnia
- outline the role of non-pharmacological interventions for the management of insomnia
- understand the principles of psychological and behavioural interventions
- discuss the risks of using hypnotic medicines in the treatment of insomnia
- describe a plan for withdrawing benzodiazepines.