Meet Ric, a patient who comes to see you concerned about his risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD).
The National Prescribing Curriculum (NPC) is a series of interactive case-based modules that encourage confident and rational prescribing. The modules follow a stepwise approach as outlined in the WHO's Guide to Good Prescribing.
In this module you meet Ric, a patient who comes to see you concerned about his risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD).
- Make an assessment of a person’s cardiovascular risk.
- Highlight cardiovascular risk discussion points and encourage lifestyle modifications.
- Choose an appropriate lipid-modifying medicine.
- Monitor the therapeutic and adverse effects of lipid-modifying medicines.
- List strategies which encourage long-term compliance with lifestyle modifications and, if prescribed, lipid-modifying medicines.