Provide dental care for patient with a complex range of oral symptoms.
The National Prescribing Curriculum (NPC) is a series of interactive case-based modules that encourage confident and rational prescribing. The modules follow a stepwise approach as outlined in the WHO's Guide to Good Prescribing.
In this module you will provide dental care for patient with a complex range of oral symptoms.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Make the correct diagnosis and identify therapeutic objectives for providing care for the patient.
- Recognise that more than one pathological state may co-exist.
- Identify non-pharmacological treatments that may assist the patient.
- Identify the classes of medicines used to manage acute pain and ulcers.
- Choose your ‘Preferred drugs’ for treating inflammation and pain.
- Write a prescription and a pharmacy note for over-the-counter (OTC) medicines that may assist the patient.