Registrations close on 14 May 2021 for the National Medicines Symposium (NMS) 2021. Deputy Chief Medical Officer for the Australian Government Prof Michael Kidd will deliver a keynote presentation and participate in a panel discussion at the event.
The fully virtual event will take place on Tuesday 18 May 2021 with the theme Evaluating quality use of medicines: How do we know if we’re making a difference?
“I encourage health professionals, consumers, policy makers and government, academics and researchers, representatives from peak health organisations, people working in the pharmaceutical sector and health educators, and everyone who has a hand in delivering on quality use of medicines (QUM) to join us online at NMS 2021,” said NPS MedicineWise CEO Adj A/Prof Steve Morris.
“NMS attracts people from all corners of the health industry and is a rare opportunity to network, share expertise, ideas and innovations.
“Registration includes exclusive access to the recordings of the presentations and to the online networking opportunities,” he said.
The NMS 2021 program includes:
- Eminent journalist, broadcaster and facilitator Jenny Brockie as MC
- Keynote presentations from
- Professor Michael Kidd - Deputy Chief Medical Officer for the Australian Government. What does success in quality use of medicines look like (from a clinician and policy perspective)?
- Associate Professor Melissa Baysari - Human factors researcher at the University of Sydney. The role of digital health in supporting QUM
- Dr Diane Watson - Chief Director at the Bureau of Health Information. Measuring the impact of complex change programs in healthcare: insights for QUM
- Plenary sessions, panel discussions and lightning talks
- Networking opportunities.
The Choosing Wisely Australia National Meeting
directly follows NMS 2021 on Wednesday 19 May 2021 with the theme Empowering consumers to choose wisely.
Registrations for both NMS 2021 and the 2021 Choosing Wisely Australia National Meeting close on 14 May 2021 and cost $100 for each event.
Note to media:
Accredited journalists may apply for complimentary media registration to the virtual events by emailing [email protected].
Download the NMS 2021 banner here, and download the Choosing Wisely Australia National Meeting banner here.