- Brand name
- Trust Sinus and Nasal Decongestant Tablets
- Active ingredient
- Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride
Consumer medicine information (CMI) leaflet
Please read this leaflet carefully before you start using Trust Sinus and Nasal Decongestant Tablets.Download CMI (PDF) Download large text CMI (PDF)
1. What is in this leaflet
This information answers some common questions about Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant tablets. It does not contain all the available information.
It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist who has detailed information.
Keep this information with the medicine as you may want to read it again.
2. What is Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant used for
Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant tablets contain a decongestant, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride which acts to clear nasal congestion and dry a runny nose, making breathing easier.
If you have any concerns about this medication, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
3. Before you take Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant Tablets
3a. When you must not take it
- Do not use this product after the expiry date printed on the carton and foil.
- Do not use this product if the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- Do not give to children under 12 years.
- Do not take if you are taking, or within 14 days after stopping taking, monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), a type of medicine used to treat depression.
- Do not take if you have very high blood pressure or severe blood vessel disease.
- Do not use if you are allergic to pseudoephedrine or any of the ingredients mentioned under “Product Description” of this Consumer Medicine Information.
If you have an allergic reaction, you may get an asthma attack, skin rash, or hay fever-like symptoms.
If you are not sure whether you should take this medicine, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
3b. Before you start to take it
You must tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are suffering from any of these conditions:
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- lung, liver or kidney disorders
- over active thyroid gland
- prostate problems such as enlarged prostate
- bladder problems
- diabetes mellitus (too much sugar in the blood)
- increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma)
- any other medical problem
It may not be safe for you to take Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant if you have any of these conditions.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including any that you buy without a prescription from your pharmacy, supermarket or health food shop.
In particular, you should tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using any of these substances:
- Medicines for high blood pressure
- Medicines that suppress appetite and for slimming
- Other nasal decongestant (e.g. Medicines used to treat symptoms of colds and flu)
- Levodopa (a medicine used to treat Parkinson’s disease)
- Medicines for depression
These medicines may affect the way Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant work or Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant may affect the way they work. Your doctor or pharmacist can tell you what to do if you are taking any of these medicines.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant.
Women who are pregnant should check with their doctor before using Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant tablets.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are breastfeeding.
Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant is not recommended for breastfeeding mothers.
4. How to take Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant
4a. Recommended dose
Adults and children over 12 years of age: 1 tablet 3 to 4 times a day, when necessary. Do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours.
Not suitable for use in children under 12 years.
If you are unsure what dose to take, ask your pharmacist.
This preparation is for the relief of minor and temporary ailments and should be used strictly as directed. Prolonged use may be harmful. If symptoms persist, seek medical advice.
4b. If you miss a dose
If you miss a dose, do not take a double dose to make up. This medicine should only be used when necessary.
4c. If you take too much (in case of overdose)
Immediately telephone your doctor, Poisons Information Centre (Telephone: 13 11 26) or go to the Emergency Department at your nearest hospital if you think that you or anyone else may have taken too many Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant tablets even if there are no signs of discomfort or poisoning.
5. While you are taking Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant
5a. Things you must do
Take Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant as described on the label and in this leaflet.
If your symptoms do not improve within 7 days, you should contact your doctor for further advice.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you become pregnant while taking Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant.
6. Side Effects
Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant provides relief from nasal congestion, but it may have unwanted side effects in a few people. You may need medical treatment if you get some of these side effects.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice and become worried about any of the following:
- Difficulty passing urine,
- Tremor (shaking),
- Fast or irregular heartbeat,
- Dry mouth or loss of appetite.
Some people my get other side effects not mentioned in this leaflet.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice anything else which makes you feel unwell.
7. After using Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant
Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant should be stored below 30°C until the expiry date shown on the label.
Do not leave Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant in the car on hot days.
Store away from direct sunlight or heat.
Keep your tablets in the blister pack until it is time to take them. If you take the tablets out of the blister pack, they will not keep well.
Return any unused medicines to your pharmacist.
7c. Where to go for further information
If you have any questions about this, or any other medication, discuss with your pharmacist.
8. Product Description
Trust Sinus & Nasal Decongestant tablets come as white round-shaped tablets.
Each tablet contains:
- Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60mg
- Cellulose - microcrystalline
- Magnesium stearate
- Calcium hydrogen phosphate
Contains no lactose, sugar, gluten, yeast, artificial colouring, preservatives, starch, dairy products, glucose or alcohol.
Pharmacor Pty Ltd
Suite 401, 7 Oaks Avenue
Dee Why NSW 2099
The Australian Registration Number for Trust Sinus & Decongestant tablets is AUST R 233000.
Available in pack sizes 12s.