Another source of important medicines information to support a telehealth consultation is the ‘Medicines View’ in My Health Record.
Over 22.7 million people have a My Health Record, and clinicians using securely connected hospital, general practice and pharmacy systems are able to view medicines and allergy information in the system. This can provide an important overview of medicines and allergy information for people and their healthcare providers.
The ‘Medicines View’ in My Health Record is a single summary view that pulls together medicines and allergies information from any sources where it exists in a patient’s record. This may include
- a Shared Health Summary (GP-entered)
- a Pharmacist Shared Medicines List (pharmacist-entered)
- the Personal Health Record (patient-entered)
- Discharge Summaries from hospitals
- Prescribe and Dispense documents (from connected GP and pharmacy systems) and
- PBS data, which is contained in the Medicare Overview of My Health Record.
For more information, visit the My Health Record website