Visiting card references
- Commonwealth of Australia. National Strategy for the Quality Use of Medicines Plain English edition. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2002. (accessed 5 February 2018).
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. Expenditure and prescriptions twelve months to 30 June 2017. Canberra: Department of Human Services, 2017. (accessed 20 February 2018).
- Gastrointestinal Expert Group. Therapeutic guidelines: Disorders of the oesophagus. West Melbourne: Therapeutic Guidelines Ltd, 2016. (accessed 23 January 2018).
- Australian Medicines Handbook. Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. Adelaide: AMH Pty Ltd, 2018. (accessed 16 February 2018).
- World Gastroenterology Organisation. Global perspective on gastroesophageal reflux disease. Milwaukee, USA: WGO, 2015. (accessed 12 March 2018).
- Family Medicine Research Centre. SAND abstract No. 241 from the BEACH program: Proton pump inhibitor use among general practice patients. Sydney: University of Sydney, 2016. (accessed 12 March 2018).
- Haastrup P, Paulsen MS, Begtrup LM, et al. Strategies for discontinuation of proton pump inhibitors: a systematic review. Fam Pract 2014;31:625-30.
- Farrell B, Pottie K, Thompson W, et al. Deprescribing proton pump inhibitors: Evidence-based clinical practice guideline. Can Fam Physician 2017;63:354-64.
- Primary Health Tasmania. A guide to deprescribing proton pump inhibitors. Tasmania: Primary Health Tasmania, 2016. (accessed 14 June 2017).
- Kang JH-E, Kang JY. Lifestyle measures in the management of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease: clinical and pathophysiological considerations. Ther Adv Chronic Dis 2015;6:51-64.
- National Institute of Clinical Excellence. Dyspepsia and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. London: NICE, 2014. (accessed 12 March 2018).
- Australian Medicines Handbook. Proton pump inhibitors. Adelaide: AMH Pty Ltd, 2017. (accessed 15 October 2017).
- Prescribing PPIs. Drug Ther Bull 2017;55:117-20.
- Maes ML, Fixen DR, Linnebur SA. Adverse effects of proton-pump inhibitor use in older adults: a review of the evidence. Ther Adv Drug Saf 2017;8:273-97.
Patient action plan references
- Gastrointestinal Expert Group. Therapeutic guidelines: Gastro-oesophageal reflux. West Melbourne: Therapeutic Guidelines Ltd, 2016. (accessed 23 January 2018).
- Keung C, Hebbard G. The management of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. Aust Prescr 2016;39:6-10.
- Vine L, Philpott R, Fortun P. Proton pump inhibitors: how to withdraw treatment. Prescriber 2012;23:12-6