Appropriate use of dose administration aids
Dose administration aids can improve medicines management for some people. However, they have a number of limitations and are not suitable for all patients.
Rohan A Elliott, Aust Prescr 2014;37:46-50
This activity should take approximately 1 hour to complete. It can be included in a pharmacist’s CPD Plan for either one Group 1 credit or, on successful completion of the assessment activity, two Group 2 credits. Pharmacists should self-record this activity for CPD purposes.
Pharmacy Competency Standards
- 6.1 Assess primary healthcare needs
- 7.2 Provide ongoing medication management
- 7.3 Influence patterns of medicine use
This activity has been designed to take around 1 hour to complete - this is based on reading the article from an issue of Australian Prescriber and completing a quiz. You will be provided with immediate feedback on your answers and a certificate of completion will be available for you to download for self-reporting purposes.
- Recommend management strategies for patients taking multiple medicines
- Identify patients suitable for a dose administration aid
- Recognise and avoid errors with dose administration aids