Mental health issues can stop you feeling like your usual self. Working out what can help will be unique to you because your journey is different to everyone else.
The information and resources below are from trusted health groups. You might also find it helpful to talk with a health professional you feel comfortable with.
Introducing Jess, Nic, Jeanette and Jahin
Stigma — Talking about mental health
Building relationships with health professionals
The health system
Things I wish I’d known
Learning more about mental health and who can help
Finding help online
General information about anxiety and depression
- Anxiety and Depression: Find the path that works for you (fact sheet)
- Treating anxiety disorders: what are the options? (decision aid)
- Anxiety: what you need to know
- Antidepressants: 10 things you should know
- Depression: Your management options (fact sheet)
- Depression: what you need to know
- Mental health and young people quality use of medicines briefing paper (plain language summary)
Information and support for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Choosing Wisely Australia
Choosing Wisely Australia helps healthcare providers and consumers have important conversations about improving the quality of healthcare by reducing unnecessary and sometimes harmful tests, treatments, and procedures.
5 questions to ask your doctor or other healthcare provider is a resource that can help patients ensure they end up with the right amount of care.