National Prescribing Curriculum
Provide care for Connie, a patient presenting for follow-up to discuss the results of her blood tests.
The National Prescribing Curriculum (NPC) is a series of interactive case-based modules that encourage confident and rational prescribing. The modules follow a stepwise approach as outlined in the WHO's Guide to Good Prescribing.
In this module you will provide care for Connie, a patient presenting for follow-up to discuss the results of her blood tests.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
- identify common causes of iron deficiency
- select appropriate pharmacological treatment to address nutritional deficiency
- identify important points pertaining to iron supplementation to discuss with the patient and healthcare team
- determine short- and long-term parameters to monitor response to treatment
- identify the indications for intravenous iron supplementation.