Provide care for Richard, a patient attending your general practice with unusual symptoms of thirst.
The National Prescribing Curriculum (NPC) is a series of interactive case-based modules that encourage confident and rational prescribing. The modules follow a stepwise approach as outlined in the WHO's Guide to Good Prescribing.
In this module you will provide care for Richard, a patient attending your general practice with unusual symptoms of thirst.
- Assess a patient with a new diagnosis of type 2 diabetes
- Establish appropriate treatment goals for a patient with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes
- List non-pharmacological treatment options for type 2 diabetes
- Choose appropriate first line medicines for treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Choose appropriate monitoring for the treatment regime