NPS MedicineWise takes your privacy seriously. In dealing with personal information, we comply with the Privacy Act and any relevant state and territory privacy legislation.
What personal details do we collect?
We collect the following personal information about you for the purposes of enabling you to complete a Clinical e-Audit:
- Contact information (email and phone number)
- Type of professional group (eg, General Practitioner)
- Prescriber Number
- Provider Number
What will happen to your personal details?
Your personal details are:
- recorded for NPS MedicineWise evaluation of the Clinical e-Audit
- provided to RACGP and/or ACRRM where you have provided us with your RACGP and/or ACRRM number in the audit enrolment page
- provided to Department of Human Services (DHS) for DHS to consider in determining qualification for the PIP QPI payment
- not shared with any other party without your consent
- available from NPS MedicineWise by request in writing.
We do not share data from your Clinical e-Audit which identifies you or your practice, to any other party without your consent.
What will happen to the data in your Clinical e-Audit?
Your individual results are kept secure and confidential, and are only available to you.
Your data are de-identified (so that they do not identify you, your practice or any individual patient) and then combined with de-identified data from other Clinical e-Audit participants. These anonymised, aggregate results:
- are provided to all participants of the Clinical e-Audit for the purpose of peer comparison, and
- may be used in NPS MedicineWise evaluations and reports.
The Clinical e-Audit activity is only available for a set period of time. When this period finishes, all potentially identifying data will be securely deleted by NPS MedicineWise.
What will happen to the patient names that you enter?
NPS MedicineWise has provided you with the ability to enter patient names into the Clinical e-Audit to make it easy for you to return to complete data collection for an individual, to review the data entered, and reflect on prior management of each patient at a later stage. If you are completing a Clinical e-Audit from our visualisation Portal, then the names are automatically populated from the individual patients you select from your patient list.
To ensure the highest level of security and confidentiality, patient names are encrypted with a key that is generated from your password before the patient names are stored in the NPS MedicineWise database. The types of encryption used means that NPS MedicineWise is unable to access or decrypt this data, resulting in NPS MedicineWise not being able to access the patients' names or identify your patients. You can change your login password at any time and still retain this information.
We recommend that you choose a password of sufficient length and complexity (for example at least 8 characters long, including lowercase and uppercase alphabetic characters, numbers and symbols). It is your obligation to ensure your password is kept confidential and that you do not share your password with any other party, including NPS MedicineWise. If you forget your password, it can be reset by clicking on the ‘Reset Password’ link from the login screen.