A medicines list can be a useful way to keep all the information about your medicines together. Image: www.shutterstock.com
What is a medicines list?
The more medicines you take, the more difficult it can be to remember important information about them. A medicines list can be a useful way to keep all the information about your medicines together.
You can use a medicines list to record:
- all the medicines you use, including prescription, non-prescription, over-the-counter, minerals, herbal and natural medicines
- what each medicine is for
- how much of each medicine to use
- when and how to use each medicine.
How will a medicines list help me?
Keeping a medicines list will:
- help you to know more about your medicines
- remind you how and when to take your medicines
- ensure everyone involved in your health care knows which medicines you use
- help your doctor and pharmacist check and review your medicines
- provide vital information about your medicines in an emergency.
Knowing as much as you can about your medicines will help you to:
- get better results from the medicines you use
- get the most out of a consultation with your doctor or pharmacist
- help to prevent side effect and interactions
- enjoy better health.
Choose the Medicines List that suits you
You can keep a Medicines List in three ways.
Create your own Medicines eList using your computer's internet browser. You can print it out, save it as a PDF and email it.
Keep the list in your browser and edit it when your medicines or doses change.
Please note that NPS MedicineWise does not see or keep any of your information.
MedicineList+ smartphone app
The free MedicineList+ smartphone app allows you to enter your medicines, set alarms for taking your medicines, save your medicines list and email it.