Our data governance framework underpins all MedicineInsight activities to ensure:
- ownership of data remains with originating general practices
- data are collected, stored and shared according to legal and ethical requirements, and in line with the principle of public good
- data conform to a minimum standard of quality prior to use
- rigorous information security protocols protect the data.
Independent and external Data Governance Committee:
- provides advice and approval on use and sharing of the MedicineInsight data
- members include general practitioners, researchers, experts on data security, external academics, privacy, legal and consumer advisers.
Program ethics approval
- MedicineInsight program has been granted ethics approval from the RACGP National Research and Evaluation Ethics Committee (NREEC).
- The program is in line with other international datasets (including CPRD) that have generic ethics approvals.
Learn more about MedicineInsight privacy, security and governance