How will a medicines list help me?
A medicines list can be a useful way to keep all the information about your medicines together.
You can use a medicines list to record:
- all the medicines you use, including prescription, non-prescription, over-the-counter, minerals, herbal and natural medicines
- what each medicine is for
- how much of each medicine to use
- when and how to use each medicine.
Keeping a medicines list will:
- help you to know more about your medicines
- remind you how and when to take your medicines
- ensure everyone involved in your health care knows which medicines you use
- help your doctor and pharmacist check and review your medicines
- provide vital information about your medicines in an emergency.
Knowing as much as you can about your medicines will help you to:
- get better results from the medicines you use
- get the most out of a consultation with your doctor or pharmacist
- help to prevent side effect and interactions
- enjoy better health.