For your patients
Information for consumers about possible medicine side effects
Helping your patients stay informed
- Healthdirect Medication safety for older people
This article helps people learn how to ask their doctor about taking medicines safely.
- Veterans’MATES Thinking clearly about your medicines: managing side effects
This factsheet provides veterans with an overview of anticholinergic burden and how to manage anticholinergic side effects.
- Wiser Healthcare What is polypharmacy?
This factsheet provides an overview of polypharmacy and what can be done to avoid harm from inappropriate polypharmacy.
- Injury Matters Check your medicines with Nancy: check your medicines to prevent having a fall
This 2-minute video provides tips on how to reduce risk of medicine-related falls.
- Better Health Channel Healthcare decision-making – options, benefits and risks
This factsheet encourages people to talk to their health professionals to better understand their condition, options and shared decision-making.
- Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) Medication: it’s your choice
This brochure helps equip patients to play an informed and active role in their decisions about what medicines they take.
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care Shared decision making: an overview
This 2-minute video provides an overview of the basic features of shared decision-making.
Helping your patients manage side effects
- Primary Health Tasmania Rethinking your medications for better health outcomes
This factsheet encourages people to regularly review their medicines with their doctor.
- Veterans’MATES Staying healthy at home
This factsheet guides veterans through ways to look after themselves and introduces the many services and supports available through the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
- Mind, the mental health charity What is CBT? Making sense of cognitive behavioural therapy
This 3-minute video explains how cognitive behavioural therapy is used for a range of mental health problems.